BLT Turkey Wrap with Kiwi Fruit
These make great make-ahead grab-and-go wraps (even if grabbing means going back into your home office). Having lunch planned and portioned can be a challenge of working from home. Punting to put lunch together at lunch time, smushed between stressful meetings, with faster, processed options calling out to you from the cupboards- challenges the resolve of all of us. But just 20 minutes of prep over the weekend can ensure these become the fastest option to grab! PLUS this wrap uses turmeric instead of traditional mustard. Turmeric is a spice that contains the anti-inflammatory compound known as curcumin. A dash of pepper is added because recent research suggests that pepper could allow us to absorb curcumin better, as does, the fat provided by the mayo. Experiment with adding turmeric to other dishes to increase your daily bioactive compounds.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tortilla (7″ sprouted or whole-grain)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil mayonnaise, (avocado or safflower-based could also be used)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, (to taste)
- pinch ground black pepper, (to taste)
- 2 ounce low sodium deli turkey breast
- 2 leaves lettuce, (as many as desired)
- sliced tomato (as much as desired)
- 1 kiwi fruit
- Cook bacon according to package directions.
- Spread mayo on tortilla and sprinkle with turmeric and pepper.
- Top with turkey, bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
- Enjoy kiwi on the side.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 24g
Keywords: turmeric instead of mustard, grab-and-go wrap ideas