- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, (to taste)
Veggies (any leafy and tenders work well, your choice)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced, (dried, not in oil)
- 20 kalamata olives, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 medium zucchini, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 4 cups riced cauliflower, (raw, not frozen)
- 8 ounce COOKED chicken breast, chopped (leftovers and rotisserie chicken work great)
At Time of Serving
- 4 pieces pita bread (1 full pita per serving)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk olive oil and vinegar with spices to make dressing.
- Add all veggies and COOKED chicken. Toss to coat well.
- Divide into 4 portions and serve with pita.
- Note from Teri: what Abbey experienced was how the salt in dressings extracts water from the produce in salads. Since cucumber has a lot of water content naturally in it, it has a lot of water for salt to pull out; making a soggy make-ahead salad the next day. In addition to switching which produce you use, another tip to help reduce this moisture is to not add salt until the time of serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Calories: 483
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 567mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
Keywords: delicious chopped salad