For Roasted Veggies
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts, halved
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, (avocado oil is used because it is a ‘high temp’ cooking oil)
- pinch salt
- 6 ounces raw chicken breast, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, 1/4 cup per serving (lower sodium and sugar variety, <4–5 grams sugar per serving on label of bottle)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put cut veggies in large mixing bowl and toss with oil and salt.
- Place veggies on single layer on large roasting sheet. Roast until tender, about 35-40 min.
- While veggies are roasting, heat a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil, butter, salt, and chili powder. Gently shake pan to evenly coat bottom.
- Add cubed chicken. Stir and flip bites every couple of minutes until no pink remains (only takes ~8-10 minutes). Chicken should be cooked to 165 degrees. Be sure not to overcook or it will become dry.
- Enjoy cooked bites dipped in BBQ sauce with roasted veggies on the side.
- Reminder to watch how many portions each recipe makes.
- This one, as is, makes 2 servings. If family members will be enjoying this with you, simply double or triple the recipe as needed.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: dinner
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 530mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
Keywords: bbq chicken under 10 min