- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell pepper, chopped
- 12 ounces cubed rotisserie chicken (combination of white and dark meat)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 4 cup COOKED brown basmati rice (any brown rice variety can be used)
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (fresh Italian parsley could also be used)
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- Prepare rice if not already cooked.
- Carefully crush garlic cloves using the back flat side of a knife. Remove the peel and mince. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sautee onion and green pepper until onion is translucent and tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients (including garlic and cheese). Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture up to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, portion, and enjoy.
- To increase the leafy and tender veggies of the meal, serve with a fresh side salad OR stir in streamed veggies (like broccoli or cauliflower) at the time of serving.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: one pot
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Calories: 403
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 569mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Keywords: easy balanced dinner skillet