- 1 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise, (avocado or safflower-based could also be used)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch salt (to taste)
- pinch ground black pepper (to taste)
- fresh herbs (optional, to taste)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 broccoli crowns, cut into small florets
- 1/2 red onion, diced
You can enjoy this salad with either raw or lightly steamed veggies.
If enjoying raw:
- Prepare dressing in large mixing bowl. Whisk gently to mix.
- Add veggies and gently toss to evenly coat.
If enjoying lightly steamed:
- In a medium pot with a mesh steamer, lightly steam cauliflower and broccoli until crisp-tender (no longer than 5 minutes).
- Immediately remove from heat, uncover, and set aside to cool.
- While vegetables are steaming, in a large mixing bowl prepare dressing. Whisk gently to mix.
- Add cooled cauliflower and broccoli plus diced onion. Gently toss to evenly coat.
- Freshly prepared horseradish (found in the refrigerated section compared to mayo-based varieties in the aisles) also belongs to the brassica family and adds another wonderful flavor to this salad when you are ready to experiment.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Side Dish
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 388mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
Keywords: broccoli side salad