- 1/2 cup pistachio kernels (walnuts can also be substituted)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cup kale, chopped, (1 small bunch, dark green Dino kale recommended)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups COOKED couscous (or grain of choice)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cup riced cauliflower (raw, not frozen)
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, diced
- Prepare grains according to package directions to yield 2 cups cooked.
- While grains are cooking, prepare pesto by placing all ingredients “For Pesto” in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pesto and cooked grains (can be added warm). Mix well.
- Add vegetables and tofu. Mix salad well.
- Portion and enjoy!
- If you are using this as a brassica (cruciferous) vegetable source (cauliflower) to serve with BBQ (to help reduce the effects of HCA, see blog post for more details), simply leave out tofu and add the protein you are grilling.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Diet: Vegan
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 247mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: hearty kale pesto salad