CARE Recipe: No Bake Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
Let me show you how to stretch your chocolate craving by using chia seeds and real peanut butter in this no-bake, 5-minute, 5-ingredient recipe! We talk a lot about the benefits of high-volume, low-density leafy and tender carbohydrates on our plates, but there are three times when dense might just be better. The first is after long-duration health-enhancing activity, the second is after or during prolonged intense critical thinking, and the third might be the most important – sometimes we just want sweeter or faster to eat or both!
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 2 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chip, ~70% cacao
- 1/4 cup raisins (any favorite dried fruit could be used for natural sweetness)
- In a small microwavable bowl, whisk water and chia seeds together using a fork (be careful with wire whisks because the chia seeds can really get caught up in them).
- Add peanut butter and chocolate chips to bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir contents until well blended.
- Add raisins and stir to mix.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture into 6 evenly portioned bites (each bite is one heaping tablespoon).
- Gently press to hold shape. Can also be rolled into small balls. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. (Bites also freeze well.)
- TO ADD A PROTEIN SERVING: Increase water to 1/4 cup and add 6 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter; then, continue with recipe as listed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Snack
- Method: 5-ingredient
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 29mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: no-bake fiber rich chocolate cookies