- 1 cup strawberries, (frozen can be used)
- 1 cup blueberries, (frozen can be used)
- 2 tablespoon plant based protein powder, (whey could be used making it vegetarian vs vegan)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (100% maple)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 cups of baby spinach (or baby kale)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, mix all ingredients and blend well.
- Add water if needed for desired consistency.
- Enjoy as either one full serving for breakfast (nutrition provided) or portion into 1/2 cup servings for snacks.
If using frozen berries, the saturated fat in coconut milk could get too firm and not mix well. You could add a little more water and substitute a nut butter. This antioxidant-rich puree also freezes well and can be used as a gluten, dairy-free, and vegan alternative to ice-cream or used to make home-made popsicles.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: no cook
- Diet: Vegan
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: vegan breakfast smoothie, food as medicine