Welcome to the CARE Community Calendar! This calendar is managed by the admins of CARE Groups. Please direct all questions about specific events to the organizer.
How do I post an event?
- If you are a CARE Group Admin: Email [email protected] with your request to receive “calendar sharing permission”. In this email, please include your name and which CARE group you created. Once you are verified as the group admin, you will receive an invitation via email to “share” the CARE Google Calander. Once you accept this invitation, you will have the ability to add and edit events.
- If you are a member of a group (but not the admin): Direct message your group admin or post to your group wall your request. Your Group Admin can then add the event to the CARE Calendar if the request is accepted.
Note: You will need a Google Calendar account. If you already have one, the CARE Calendar will be added as an available calendar. If you do not have an account, you will be required to set one up (instructions will be provided in the invitation email). Please see the “Troubleshooting” link below if you have problems viewing the CARE Calendar once set-up is complete.
Once I have permission, how do I add an event?
Please note: As the activity organizer, you are responsible for the accuracy of the information that is posted. Also, group admins are NOT ALLOWED to share members’ private email addresses anywhere within an activity listing. DO NOT use the “Add Guests” feature to list attendees or to invite them via email. Names only of confirmed attendees should be added in the “Description” text field (see below).
- Ensure that the CARE Lifestyle Program Google Calendar has been shared with you (see above “How do I post an event?” for details)
- Click on this link to be taken to the main calendar: CARE Community Google Calendar
- Click “Create” and add your activity or event
- Fill in Time, Date, Location fields
- Select “CARE Lifestyle Program” calendar next to the calendar icon (if you use Google calendars for personal accounts, it will be listed in the drop-down menu once the CARE Calendar has been shared with you; if “CARE” calendar is not selected, you will only post the event to your personal calendar)
- Click on “More Options” – Fill in the “Description” field for each activity; include (as needed depending on event):
- “CARE Group”: Start by detailing which group the activity is associated with
- “Organizer/Group Admin”: Include your name as the contact person
- “Links”: Link to the venue, event, page to purchase tickets, etc
- “Requirements”: Needed notes about purchasing tickets or other requirements (documents, PDF brochures, etc can be attached)
- “Optional Considerations”: Other helpful tips to help prepare (optional things to bring, etc)
- “Confirmed Attendees To-date”: Names only, NO email addresses
I have questions about an event, who do I ask?
Activities are managed and organized by approved admins of CARE Groups. You can reach the admins by posting a question in their group or sending them a direct message (to do this, click on their profile and then select “Private Message” on their profile page).
Troubleshooting: I can't see the CARE Calendar as an option in my Google account?
This Google support topic walks through desktop, Android and iPhone troubleshooting steps: