Welcome to the CARE Community Calendar! This calendar is managed by the admins of CARE Groups. Please direct all questions about specific events to the organizer.
How do I post an event?
- If you are a CARE Group Admin: Email [email protected] with your confirmed event details (see below). Once your activity is posted, you will be sent an invitation email to the event which includes editing permissions and transference of “ownership” of the event. Once the event is posted, you are responsible for keeping the details updated. Please note: the event organizer’s email account will be visible as the attending ‘guest’ and ‘organizer’ of the event.
- If you are a member of a group (but not the admin): Direct message your group admin OR post your request in the group chat/activity area. Your Group Admin can then submit the event if the request is confirmed.
Note: You will need a Google Calendar and Gmail account. If you do not have an account, you will be required to set one up (a link to register will be provided in the invitation email). Please see the “Troubleshooting” link below if you have problems viewing the CARE Calendar once set-up is complete.
What details do I need to email with request?
Please note: As the activity organizer, you are responsible for the accuracy of the information that is posted. Also, group admins are NOT ALLOWED to share members’ private email addresses anywhere within an activity listing. DO NOT use the “Add Guests” feature to list attendees or to invite them via email. Names only of confirmed attendees should be added in the “Description” text field (see below). The one exception: the event organizer’s email account will be visible as the attending guest and organizer.
Details to include in email to [email protected] to post the event:
- Provide Time, Date, and Location
- Provide the following:
- “Description”: Add a short description/agenda for the event
- “CARE Group”: Start by detailing which group the activity is associated with
- “Organizer/Group Admin”: Include your name as the contact person
- “Links”: Link to the venue, event, page to purchase tickets, etc
- “Requirements”: Needed notes about purchasing tickets or other requirements (documents, PDF brochures, etc can be attached)
- “Optional Considerations”: Other helpful tips to help prepare (optional things to bring, etc)
- “Confirmed Attendees To-date”: Names only, NO email addresses
I have questions about an event, who do I ask?
Activities are managed and organized by admins of CARE Groups. You can reach the admins by posting a question in their group or sending them a direct message (to do this, click on their profile and then select “Private Message” on their profile page).
Troubleshooting: I can't see the CARE Calendar as an option in my Google account?
This Google support topic walks through desktop, Android and iPhone troubleshooting steps: