How it Works
New CARE members, below are details for how each option of CARE works once you are enrolled. There are four core features that make up the heart of the CARE program. All members use these same four tools. Then, refer to your specific guidance option for how and when to attend meetings. If you have a question not addressed here, please email us now so we can get you started.
Four Tools Used by All Members
The Heart of the CARE Program
1) CARE Online Course
PDFs of core health education, what health changes to make and why make them, activities, and sample meal plans
- Immediately at enrollment, the CARE private member-only areas become accessible.
- Use the left side navigation menu (the collapsed menu in upper left corner on phones), click “Program Materials” –> CARE Weight Loss & Lifestyle Program; all instructions are provided within each step.
- You control the rate at which you progress through the materials (max rate is one step per week). There is no more ‘getting behind’ or ‘shoulds’ placed on you.
- It can be helpful to schedule recurring time on your calendar to spend with the program. Here is a CARE Forum post where Teri outlines suggestions on how to do this: Getting Started: Schedule Weekly Program Time (Just like its an appointment).
Your new professional-level meal planning software, recipes, database, and nutrition tracker
- WATCH YOUR INBOX: Shortly after you enroll, you will receive an email with “Modernmeal” in the subject line.
- This email includes your link to set up your Modernmeal profile (this software is managed by a developer that requires their own login, we recommend using the same login you use for CARE so it is easy to remember).
- Once you create your Modernmeal profile, watch the brief online tutorials; like program time, schedule time to spend on Modernmeal (it really is a fun interface to use). Also, be sure to join the CARE Group Modernmeal Planners for ongoing tips and notifications when Teri posts new recipes to the database.
3) Friday Group Check-In Meeting
Recurring every FRIDAY from 12:00pm – 1:00pm Central (*excludes US national holidays)
- The Zoom meeting link for this meeting will be sent out each Friday morning by 6:00am Central time (be sure [email protected] is added to your safe sender list and check Spam and Promotional folders if you don’t see it in your inbox).
- We are not posting the link on the site or meetings calendar to avoid members having to register or use a password.
- All CARE members are invited to this informal weekly check-in. Each week, there will be a brief topic presented by Teri and then the meeting opens up for member questions (for example: can be about the topic, clarification on something in the steps, eating situations you’ll be heading into over the weekend, etc).
- The only preparation needed to participate in group meetings is to have read the current CARE Step you are working on, even if that is simply CARE Step 1. Group meetings are to clarify and deepen members’ understanding of what they are reading on their own. Meetings supplement the CARE Online Course, but meetings do not present that valuable content in full or replace individual reading.
- Refer to the CARE Meetings and Workshops Calendar for additional meeting details and to add meetings to your personal calendar.
4) CARE Forums
For all your questions in-between meetings
- Using the left navigation menu on the CARE site, you’ll see “CARE Forums” –> CARE Weight Loss & Lifestyle Program (click here to see list of current topics and to post a new topic/question).
- This is your place to ask questions as you begin using the program materials in your everyday life.
- Be sure to look at the CARE Forum “Tech Support and Using the Member Areas” for additional help getting around online.
Continue reading below to find more specific Zoom meeting details.
Friday Group Check-In (open to all CARE members)
WHEN: Every Friday, 12:00pm – 1:00pm Central
*excludes US national holidays
ZOOM Meeting Link: EMAILED Friday mornings by 6am Central
- Most importantly, watch your inbox the day of for the Zoom meeting link.
- We recommend you attend at least two of these meetings each month (its OK if you can’t make it each week).
- As you spend time with the program materials and in your kitchen, jot down your questions and bring them to the meeting.
- All program-related questions are welcome: clarification about program goals, instructions, how to find things, how to approach a unique challenge coming up this weekend… all questions with one exception: no individual medical histories or medical diagnosis can be discussed with Teri in this group format (private sessions are available if needed).
- As mentioned above, the only preparation needed to participate in these meetings is to have read the current CARE step you are working on.
Monday Goal Setting: Group Workshop
WHEN: Every Monday, DAY and EVENING Meeting Times | you pick the most convenient time for you
*excludes US national holidays
- Every Monday, 12:00pm – 1:00pm Central
- Every Monday, 7:00pm – 8:00pm Central
ZOOM Meeting Link: EMAILED Monday mornings by 6am Central
- Watch your inbox the day of for the Zoom meeting link.
- This meeting will start with brief comments from Teri and then each member will individually complete their Weekly Goal Setting Worksheet (found in CARE Step 1).
- Members will then be broken into small groups to give and receive feedback, ideas, and problem-solving to each member of the small group.
- All members will rejoin the main meeting where Teri will answer specific questions that came up within the small groups.
- Like the Friday Check-In meeting, we recommend you attend at least two of these meetings each month (its OK if you can’t make it each week).
- Preparation for the meeting includes reading the current CARE step you are working on, bringing your previous Goal Setting Worksheets, and bringing a printed copy of the worksheet for you to complete (digital copies will be provided at meeting but if you prefer hard copy, be sure to bring it with you to the meeting).
- Refer to the CARE Meeting and Workshop Calendar as needed and to add meetings to your personal calendar.
Your Weekly In-Office Private Sessions
- Within 24 hours of enrolling, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule and prepare for your initial appointment.
- All scheduling of recurring in-office appointments will be done while you are at our office.
- In addition to your two private sessions each month, all Practitioner-Guided members are invited to attend both the Friday Check-In Meeting and Monday Goal Setting Group Workshops (details above).
- You are eligible to attend these group Zoom meetings in the time leading up to your initial consultation (as stated above, emails with meeting links are sent the morning of the meetings); however, if you are more comfortable holding off on joining these groups until after your initial meeting, that is perfectly fine (remember that throughout your membership these group Zoom meeting remain optional and there is no expectations set on the number you attend).