- about 8 cups sliced leek greens (amount from 2 medium stalks)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (reduced-sodium variety can be used)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Mirin or rice wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon kudzu (to thicken sauce) mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Slice leek greens in half, fan the leaves and thinly slice. Clean by soaking in a large bowl of cold water and letting the sand settle to the bottom. Repeat until the water is clear.
- While soaking, ‘unlayer’ larger pieces so that you have more uniform single layers of leaves for even cooking.
- Heat oil and ghee in wok or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek greens and sauté until tender (about 8 minutes, they will reduce in volume by about 1/3; can cook longer to lightly caramelize).
- Add soy sauce, broth, Mirin, and kudzu water mixture to form light glaze. Stir well.
- Remove from heat. Glaze will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Side Dish
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: cooking with leek greens, cooked leek tops