SimpleRecipes.com: “Un-Cobb Salad” – Chicken Avocado Salad with Green Apple and Dried Cranberries
This recipe was given to me by a client with the request to make it CARE balanced. This version is slightly changed from Elise Bauer’s post on SimplyRecipes.com in which she attempted to recreate the “Anti-Cobb” salad from the Hard Rock Café in D.C. I like this recipe because it reflects the original spirit of the Cobb salad which was to make a satisfying salad-based meal with what you have left-over in the fridge. I adapted Elise’s recipe by simply further balancing the macros, particularly carbohydrate by eliminating the mango. But all credit here goes to The Hard Rock Café and Elise Bauer!
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1
- 3 cups earthbound farm organic power greens
- 1 tablespoon salad dressing (your choice, do practice label reading for quality)
- 2 ounces COOKED chicken breast, cubed (left-over grilled or rotisserie works great)
- 1/4 avocado, sliced (1/4 = 4 tablespoons)
- 1 small green apple, (2″ dia.) sliced
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Place greens in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat well.
- Add remaining ingredients and enjoy.
- A quick and simple vinaigrette to use as the dressing could be made at home by whisking 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar with 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Do check out the original recipe and other fun ideas on SimplyRecipes.com
- In CARE, we look at existing recipes like these and the arugula salad I shared from SkinnyTaste.com; we all now have online access to so many wonderful, creative, and delicious ideas! Cooking at home truly never needs to be boring (or hard)!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: no cook
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 31g
- Sodium: 453mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
Keywords: un-cobb salad